Minority Rights Group International (MRG) is seeking a volunteer intern to work in its fundraising department. As part of our small and high-achieving fundraising team you will have the opportunity to take on significant responsibility and learn how to raise funds from statutory donors, trusts and foundations. The role will primarily involve drafting small funding proposals, and carrying out donor research.
The post is for minimum 2-3 days per week and we are looking for someone who can start work ASAP and can ideally commit to 6 months. Please note this is an unpaid internship. We will pay travel expenses (up to £8) and lunch (up to £6) daily.
- Excellent written skills in English
- Experience in conducting desk-based research
- Interest in human rights and minorities
- Willingness to undertake administrative work
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in relevant IT packages including Word and Microsoft Excel
- French speakers welcome
- Previous fundraising experience
We welcome applicants from all over the world but please note that you will need to have permission to work in the UK.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 June 2018. Please indicate in your cover letter how many days per week you would be available and when you would be able to start.