MRG is seeking to recruit a part time intern who will support staff seeking to influence the discussions relating to the SDG indicators and national reporting processes and linked UN publications.
The intern would work 2, 3 or 4 days a week partly from MRG’s office in London and partly from home.
The role would involve:
– researching, tracking and summarising SDG related UN processes, debates and events and related tasks
– researching, tracking and summarising civil society SDG related initiatives, participating in webinars, supporting the drafting of letters and doing other linked advocacy work – meetings and contacts, preparing briefings.
– researching good practice examples of disaggregated indicators involving and benefitting minorities and indigenous peoples
– supporting national level processes to interact with the SDGs led by MRG’s partner organisation or local offices.
– writing blogs and other media/online content on the SDG processes as well as briefing MRG colleagues and answering their queries.
The SDG process is complex and will take some time to understand so ideally this intern would be able to commit to a minimum of 4 months. Time can be tailored to eg. avoid peak periods and exams. The ideal candidate would have some experience of advocacy with governments, some experience of UN processes, as well as strong research and communication skills.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 9am Monday 29th February. We will be looking for someone to start as soon as possible after we have selected.