Statutory Donor Fundraising Intern
Minority Rights Group International (MRG) is seeking a volunteer intern to work in its fundraising department.
The purpose of this role is to support our Statutory Partnerships Officer to secure funding for our international programmes with minority and indigenous communities.
As part of our small, and high-achieving fundraising team you will have the opportunity to take on significant responsibility and learn how to raise funds from donors in the UK and internationally. You will focus on statutory (i.e. government) donors and the European Union, but may also support colleagues on applications to smaller trusts and foundations.
The post is for 2-3 days per week and we are looking for someone who can start work in September and can commit to a minimum of 3 months (6 months preferred).
Please note this is an unpaid internship. We will pay travel expenses (up to £8) and lunch (up to £6) daily.
- High standard of written English
- Experience in conducting desk-based research
- Ability to use excel and prepare basic budgets
- Interest in human rights and minorities
- Willing to undertake administrative work
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Additional language skills (Spanish, French)
- Previous fundraising experience
We welcome applicants from all over the world but please note that you will need to have permission to work in the UK.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 17:00 (BST) on 20 January 2017. Please indicate in your cover letter how many days per week you would be available and when you would be able to start.