Sri Lanka programme evaluation 2009-2011
This evaluation focuses on MRG’s work in and on Sri Lanka between 2009 and 2011. Unusually we have decided not to publish the full text of this evaluation as to do so would have raised security risks to staff and to partners to an unacceptable level.
The evaluators comment that ‘Involvement in the MRG programme further strengthened the organizational capacity particularly of the community-based organizations participating in the project. It also brought minority concerns and minority rights into the mainstream media, in all three languages.
This project was well designed and sensitive in its conceptualizing; in final phase of the war the context and environment within which the project was implemented changed, and MRG was able to liaise closely with its partners in responding strategically both to the need to ensure of safety of those involved in the project as well as to the need to adhere to the founding principles of the project.’
Download the Executive Summary here.
Share this content:
- A new movement for minority rights in South Asia
- Can Sri Lanka’s minorities dare to hope for change from the nation’s new President?
- Speaking out against the silence: Violence against minority women
- Threats, intimidation and hate speech against Muslims and Christians continue to mar post-war transition to peace in Sri Lanka – new report
- ‘Life at the Margins’ – new story pack on multiple forms of discrimination faced by minorities and indigenous peoples
- Legacy of war still haunts minority women in Sri Lanka, says MRG study
- Minority women in Sri Lanka facing increasing levels of sexual violence and insecurity
- Confronting intolerance: Continued violations against religious minorities in Sri Lanka
- Living with Insecurity: Marginalization and Sexual Violence against Women in North and East Sri Lanka (October 2013)
- Islamophobia and attacks on Muslims in Sri Lanka (March 2013)
- Six months on: End of the war brings no respite and little hope for Sri Lanka’s minorities (January 2010)
- One year on: Counter-terrorism sparks human rights crisis for Sri Lanka’s minorities (December 2007)