Minority Rights Group International (MRG) Deputy Director, Claire Thomas, writes this opinion piece for the Thomson Reuters News Foundation.+ LEARN MORE
Human Resources Intern
Minority Rights Group International is looking for a Human Resources Intern to provide the administrative support to the HR department. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience working in an HR function within an international organisation.
Tasks would include:
• Monitor HR inboxes and deal with queries as they arise
• Assist in drafting contracts, offer and variation letters and consultancy and internship agreements
• Maintain staff records and assist in updating staff lists and databases
• Assist in recruitment processes
• Assist in drafting and adapting staff, consultant and intern handbooks to keep them up-to-date with changing laws and policies
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of HR issues
• Experience of working in an HR environment
Please note that this is an unpaid position, but MRG will cover your travel expenses (up to £8 per day) and lunch expenses (up to £6 per day).
You would work at our London office for a period of minimum 3 months, at least 2 days per week, with an option to renew upon mutual agreement.
Interested candidates should email their CV and cover letter by Monday 13th August 2018 to