Minority Rights Group International (MRG) Deputy Director, Claire Thomas, writes this opinion piece for the Thomson Reuters News Foundation.+ LEARN MORE
Human Resources Intern
HUMAN RESOURCES INTERN
Deadline: 14th October 2019
Minority Rights Group International is looking for a Human Resources Intern to support the HR Officer in the day-to-day running of HR activities. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience working in an HR function within an international organisation.
Tasks would include:
– Monitor HR inboxes and deal with queries as they arise
– Assist in drafting contracts, offer and variation letters, and consultancy and internship agreements
– Maintain staff records and assist in updating staff lists and databases
– Assist in recruitment processes
– Assist in drafting and adapting staff, consultants and interns handbooks to keep them up-to-date with changing laws and policies
– Excellent attention to detail
– Excellent organisational skills
– Excellent communication skills
– Knowledge of HR issues
– Experience of working in an HR environment
You would work at our London office 2 days per week for a period of three months, with an option to renew upon mutual agreement.
Please note that this is an unpaid position, but MRG will cover your travel and meals expenses of up to £16.50 (reimbursed upon presentation of receipts).
If you are interested in this internship, please send a CV and brief cover letter (attach documents) explaining how your skills and experience meet the criteria above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the subject of your email as: HUMAN RESOURCES INTERN