Kenya and Ethiopia Programme Assistant
Reports to: Kenya and Ethiopia Programme Coordinator
Time: Full time, based in Kenya, likely to work from home in Nairobi with occasional meetings with the Coordinator, partners and other contacts. Travel to Mandera and Ethiopia as well as around Kenya may be required at times.
Purpose of the job
The main purpose of the job is to help MRG achieve its mission to realise the rights of minorities and indigenous peoples round the world, with a focus on minority rights in Kenya and Ethiopia. Initially the work will focus on a project regarding Sexual and Reproductive Rights in Mandera County of Kenya and the Somali Southern Province of Ethiopia and a project in Kenya and Ethiopia to support minorities and indigenous peoples to hold their regional and national governments accountable for equitable health and education provision.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Assists in drafting, word-processing and formatting documents and proposals (in both English and Swahili).
- Assists in organizing and preparing external meetings, including logistical arrangements and background materials. These will include training events in remote locations as well as high profile advocacy events in Nairobi and Addis Ababa.
- Attends and helps facilitate programmes and partner meetings, workshops and training sessions where appropriate.
- Contributes to the monitoring and evaluation of programme activities in particular keeping records for monitoring and evaluation.
- Assists in making travel and accommodation arrangements, flights, hotels, visas, insurance etc. for colleagues, partners, advocates supported by the projects and visitors.
- Helps draft, format and submit fundraising applications and donor reports, including budgets and expenditure reports
Financial, administrative and personnel support:
- Financial record-keeping and processing payments as required, including making transfers and reimbursements to partners and MRG’s regional offices.
- Assists Kenya and Ethiopia Programme Coordinator for preparing financial reports and other reports on expenditures.
For more details, read the full job description.
How to apply
Please send a CV, covering letter by 23 February 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.