Minority Rights Group International (MRG) Deputy Director, Claire Thomas, writes this opinion piece for the Thomson Reuters News Foundation.+ LEARN MORE
Strategy and Evaluation Intern
Deadline: Wednesday 2 March at 17.00
MRG is looking to recruit a part time intern 2 or 3 days a week to support the organisation in its ongoing review of strategy and planning for a future strategic period. The role of the intern would include
– analysing and summarising questionnaires returned by partners concerning potential priorities for MRG
– arranging for the translation of questionnaires returned in Arabic, French, Spanish or Russian
– supporting staff to send reminds and track returns and ensure that the maximum numbers of staff and other contacts have completed and returned questionnaires.
– preparing a write up of the results (interim March 7th for staff meeting) and final April 17th for MRG Council
– supporting staff to research strategic options based on the partner returns as well as staff and council discussions
– supporting the Deputy Director’s work on final evaluations of projects and the development of the evaluation area of MRG’s website.
– Other work to support MRG’s work on strategy, reporting and evaluation as needed.
The successful candidate is likely to be a graduate and will have strong research, analysis and writing skills as well as strong communication and organisation skills. Part of the work could be completed from home if preferred but some time in MRG’s office will be needed. Candidates should be willing to commit to a minimum of 3 months (unless, of course, offered a paid job in this period.)
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 5pm GMT on Weds 2nd March.