Support Our Work
Donate to support MRG’s work today!
Click on the button below to donate online. You can donate online with credit or debit card and or through your PayPal account if you have one. We are using PayPal as a secure online payment system.
Why donate to MRG?
MRG works with the most marginalised minority and indigenous communities. These are the communities who are always at the back of the queue when it comes to public services and development opportunities – such as health, education or work. Racism, discrimination and exclusion are everyday facts for them, and many are no strangers to violence.
These are communities like the Batwa in East Africa who are often not permitted to eat or sit with other communities or use wells at the same time; the Dominicans of Haitian descent who recently had their citizenship status revoked and are now in stateless legal limbo; and Dalits in India the majority of whom continue to survive under sub-human, degrading conditions.
MRG is nearly 60 years old, making us one of the oldest human rights organisations in the world. Over that time we have stood by our partners, proving that we are in it for the long haul and achieve significant milestones – such as when we recently litigated the first successful case against a slave-owner in Mauritania.
We are determined that these communities must not be forgotten or oppressed. With your support we can continue this important work. Thank you.
Where your money goes
For every £1 we receive, we spend 93p on our activities to benefit marginalised minorities and indigenous people, 5p to raise the next £1 and 2p on governance and other costs.
- £5 will pay for us to print a report detailing minority rights abuses, write a personalised hard copy letter to a decision maker who has the power to change the situation and post it to them.
- £10 pays for an activist defending minority rights to complete a two-week online course unit with tutor support helping them apply the learning to their challenges.
- £50 pays for a day long fact finding mission to a minority community to document violent attacks, discrimination, exclusion, poverty and hate speech.
- £250 pays for six activists to travel from a remote region to their capital city to lobby decision makers
- £500 pays for MRG to investigate a new legal case and set up the victim with a pro bono lawyer.
For more information or assistance with donating, please contact Kumar Hindocha on firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 20 7422 4200
If you do not wish to make a donation online, you can:
- Set up a standing order – please complete this standing order form and return it to your bank. Please contact Kumar, details above, to let us know about your donation.
- Send us a donation by post. Please complete the donation form and write a cheque made payable to ‘Minority Rights Group International’, and return them it to: Minority Rights Group International, Fundraising Department, 54 Commercial Street, London E1 6LT.