Communications and Media Intern
Closing date: 09:00 (GMT), Thursday 28th February 2019
Minority Rights Group is looking for an intern to support our busy and dynamic Communications Team. Work will include basic website editing, uploading country profiles to our website, writing web copy, press clippings, compiling our e-bulletin and using social media to spread our message.
Successful candidates should have a demonstrable interest or experience in digital communications and international current affairs/human rights, as well as basic web editing skills (WordPress). Fluent spoken and written English, strong communication skills and experience in the use of social networking sites and Content Management Systems are a must.
Responsibilities will include:
- Editing the MRG website in WordPress
- Drafting social media content
- Monitoring media reports for relevant minority and indigenous rights news
- Helping to clean data for the MRG contacts database
- Supporting in the production and dissemination of MRG publications
- Assisting in producing and managing MRG’s campaigns
- Improving MRG’s photo management system
- Other admin and research tasks as required
Interns are expected to work 2-3 days per week (minimum 5 hours per day) over a period of 3 months. The placement is based in MRG’s London office although there is provision to occasionally work from home.
Please note that this is an unpaid position, but interns are entitled to travel and meals expenses of up to £16.50 per day (reimbursed upon presentation of receipts).
Start date: early March.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Samrawit.Gougsa@mrgmail.org putting ‘Communications and Media Intern’ as the subject of the e-mail.