CREID/Pakistan Programme Assistant
Minority Rights Group International is seeking an Urdu & English literate CREID Pakistan Programme Assistant
The main purpose of the job is to help MRG achieve its mission to realise the rights of minorities and indigenous peoples round the world, with a focus on minority rights in Pakistan.
Title: CREID/Pakistan Programme Assistant
Reports to: Deputy Director
Salary: Grade E
Time: One to two days per week
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provides administrative and general assistance to the Programme Officer working on a project Coalition for Religious Equality and Inclusive Development (CREID) who is based in Lahore (and potentially other projects).
- Assists in drafting, word-processing and formatting documents and proposals (in both English and Urdu).
- Assists in planning projects and programmes.
- Assists in organizing and preparing external meetings, including logistical arrangements and background materials.
- Attends and helps facilitate programmes and partner meetings, workshops and training sessions where appropriate.
- Contributes to the monitoring and evaluation of programme activities in particular keeping records for monitoring and evaluation.
- Assists in making travel and accommodation arrangements, flights, hotels, visas, insurance etc. for department colleagues, partners and visitors
Essential skills / qualifications:
- At least one year’s experience of administrative and/or secretarial work.
- Good understanding of written Urdu
- Good organisational skills and experience of creating and managing filing systems.
- Significant experience of making logistical arrangements for meetings (preferably international) and coordinating with international organisations.
- Experience and ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised during sustained periods where the programme officer and Deputy Director are travelling/working from a different location.
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, database use, e-mail and internet.
- Good numeracy, accurate and confident dealing with financial reports/invoices/receipts
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, organise and prioritise own work and meet deadlines.
The full job description and person specification is here.
How to apply:
All candidates who wish to apply for the above post must submit their completed MRG Application Form together with the Equal Opportunities Questionnaire to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 18th December 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Interviews to be w/c
Please note we do not accept CVs.