Finance and Administration Officer
MRG is looking to recruit a Finance and Administration Officer.
This is a full-time permanent post, based in our London office.
The post holder will be expected to ensure that MRG’s financial transactions (expenditure, sales and grant income) are processed promptly and accurately, and that all necessary records are kept on MRG’s computerised system and in hard copy. He or she will also be expected to assist Director of Finance, IT and Administration in the smooth running of administration of the building and offices. They will also be assisting in regular cashflow forecasting and planning.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting in the annual preparation of budgets
- Posting of MRG’s accounts transactions to accounting software (Sage MMS)
- Processing of all documentation for MRG’s sales, donor and other income, including coding of transactions.
- Monitoring of MRG’s suppliers and other creditors, and arranging payment by due date or in accordance with MRG’s payment policy.
- Regular banking of cheques and cash received as income or reimbursements
- Raise invoices for MRG sales debtors, and for reimbursement of MRG staff costs by outside agencies
- Liaise with the bank and MRG staff to deal with queries regarding delayed transfers, including chasing and progressing delayed transfers.
- Arrange for disbursement of cash advances to staff, and for receipt of refunds of unspent cash advance balances.
- Monthly reconciliation of bank statements to cashbooks, the Suspense account etc
- Periodic reconciliation of major supplier accounts including air travel and travel insurance suppliers, to ensure accounts are up to date, and that credit notes, discounts and refunds due have been raised by suppliers.
- Order foreign cash and travellers cheques from MRG’s bank and forex services for staff cash advances,
- Raise overseas payments to MRG’s partners and overseas consultants, after checking transfer requests for correct authorisation, coding, supporting documentation, and compliance with MRG’s financial procedures
- Production of quarterly detailed Budget versus Actual reports for the MRG core operational departments, and identification of major variances, in consultation with budget holders
- Reconciling payroll control accounts on a monthly basis.
- Processing payroll documentation for joiners and leavers and arranging for new staff to enter the MRG pension scheme
- Compiling and submitting quarterly VAT returns and reconciliation of the VAT control accounts
- Process annual cost of living and increment increases to staff salary approved by the MRG Finance Committee and Management Team, and provide information on increases to staff
Candidates must have at least four years’ finance experience as well as experience of using accounts software packages (e.g. SAGE, QuickBooks, Sun etc). A high level of numeracy and great attention to details are crucial for this role as well as advanced level of competency in Excel. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
Salary: Grade C (£31,959 per annum)
How to apply:
All applicants must email their completed MRG Application Form together with the Equal Opportunities Form to email@example.com by 9am GMT on Sunday 22 April 2018.
Please note that we do not accept CV and if you wish to be considered for this post, we require an actual MRG Application Form.