Minority Rights Group International (MRG) Deputy Director, Claire Thomas, writes this opinion piece for the Thomson Reuters News Foundation.+ LEARN MORE
Global week team intern
GLOBAL TEAM WEEK INTERN
Minority Rights Group International
Deadline: 19th December 2019
The global team week intern role basically deals with organising events, meetings for the organisation both locally and internationally. The role requires someone who can commit to 2-3 working days per week, for at least 3 months.
- Making arrangements for 20 staff from abroad to come to the UK (visas, flights, hotel etc)
- Making arrangements for 12 Council members from abroad to come to the UK (same as above)
- Making arrangements for the two above groups plus approximately 20 staff to hold a series of strategy meetings and training events (e.g. venues, refreshments, lunches, equipment, possibly note taking some meetings.)
- Putting together a complex schedule of meetings and events with some parallel sessions
- Booking trainers and facilitators
- Collating and analysing evaluation forms
- Trouble shooting and supporting the process to smooth the running of the event throughout.
- Excellent prioritisation skills/juggling tasks/working to deadlines
- Excellent logistical skills and awareness of what could go wrong
- Good administrative skills
- Good teamwork
- Good communication skills
Please note that this is an unpaid position, but MRG will cover your travel and meals expenses of up to £16.5(reimbursed upon presentation of receipts).
How to apply
If you are interested in this internship, please send a CV and brief cover letter (attach documents) explaining how your skills and experience meet the criteria above to firstname.lastname@example.org.