Minority Rights Group International (MRG) Deputy Director, Claire Thomas, writes this opinion piece for the Thomson Reuters News Foundation.+ LEARN MORE
Human Resources Intern
Deadline for applications: Sunday 29 July 2018
Minority Rights Group International is looking for a Human Resources Intern to provide the administrative support to the HR department. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience working in an HR function within an international organisation.
Tasks would include:
- Monitor HR inboxes and deal with queries as they arise
- Assist in drafting contracts, offer and variation letters and consultancy and internship agreements
- Maintain staff records and assist in updating staff lists and databases
- Assist in recruitment processes
- Assist in drafting and adapting staff, consultant and intern handbooks to keep them up-to-date with changing laws and policies
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of HR issues
- Experience of working in an HR environment
Please note that this is an unpaid position, but MRG will cover your travel expenses (up to £8 per day) and lunch expenses (up to £6 per day). You would work at our London office for a period of minimum 3 months, at least 2 days per week, with an option to renew upon mutual agreement.
Interested candidates should email their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 29 July 2018.