Internship – Digital Communications
INTERNSHIP – DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS (2x) – BASED IN BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
Would you like to gain experience working at a human rights NGO dedicated to protect the rights of minorities and indigenous peoples around the world? We are looking for two interns, ideally starting in February 2020, to work in our Communications Team with the focus on supporting digital communications with research, media monitoring and related tasks.
Unfortunately, due to our current budget limitations the positions are unpaid. However, we do support various bursaries or Erasmus placements, if you acquired a bursary please contact us to discuss the details.
The length of the internship is flexible and based on mutual agreement, but in most cases we are aiming for a 6-month term. The internship is based in Minority Rights Group’s Europe office in Budapest, Hungary. Our objective is to provide a learning platform with all our internships, so please do outline in your application if you have any specific interests or areas of development you would like to focus on.
About Minority Rights Group International
Minority Rights Group International (MRG) is an international human rights NGO working to realise the rights of ethnic, linguistic, religious minorities and indigenous peoples around the world. MRG is headquartered in London and has offices in Budapest, Hungary and Kampala, Uganda.
About the internship
- Duration: 6 months, terms are flexible and can be agreed upon an offer.
- Location: MRG Europe office in Budapest, Hungary.
- Number of hours: Up to 20 hours per week.
The role includes:
- Non-essential support in digital content creation, supporting the research into background information for social media posts, blogs and any other communications output.
- Monitoring and analytics of MRG’s digital media content; measurement of social engagement, monitoring of website traffic, global audience research.
- Skills and knowledge development through MRG’s online courses and digital learning platforms
- Broader understanding of the production of digital content for organisations and reaching new online audiences.
- Issue-specific research experience (including research information and facts for online content)
- Hands-on experience with internal processes and policies at an international organisation
Please send a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are processed on a rolling basis.