Training facilitator – Arabic speaker (closes 4 October)
MRG is looking for a training facilitator to coordinate and facilitate MRG regional 3-days in-person workshop in Amman, Jordan from 27 – 29 October 2022.
This workshop is aiming to bring MRG’s partners and minority rights activists from the MENA region, and to provide a space for dialogue for civil society actors from across the Middle East and North Africa to discuss and exchange information and experiences, with the aim of improving understanding of the prevailing situation of human rights defenders and minorities in the region and identifying key areas for collaborative action.
This workshop is part of the project Protecting the Rights of Religious Minorities, a three-year programme implemented in the Middle East and North Africa and funded by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation.
Fee: €500/ day. It is estimated that the work will consist of approximately up to 6 hours a day, for 3 days.
Location: Amman, Jordan
Deadline for application: 4 October 2022
MRG is looking for an Arabic-speaker training facilitator with strong knowledge in advocacy and human rights (desirably in the MENA region) to run a workshop on advocacy tools that aim for representatives from civil society organisations working on human rights in Middle East and North Africa region. The training will be over 3 days and up to 6 hours per day. This event will take place on 27, 28 and 29 October 2022. The workshop is planned to include some sessions to be delivered by other trainers and group work and practical sessions will be delivered by the facilitator. The workshop will be conducted mostly in Arabic.
The trainer will:
- Be responsible of running and facilitating the training programme over the 3 days of the workshop.
- Design activity of the workshop with MRG support.
- Lead and moderate group working sessions that will be designed by MRG (with the consultation of the facilitator)
- Introduce each session while supporting each trainer to make sure of smooth running of session with the support of MRG admin staff.
- Conduct the evaluation of the workshop;
- Report on the conducted workshops
- Use interactive and flexible facilitation tools and material aid for the reflection prepared before the workshop.
MRG will provide:
- The program, strategy and schedules of the workshop.
- Administrative support to the participants, trainers and facilitator.
- Accommodation for the facilitator.
- The venue of the training.
- At least 2 years of experience in preparing and facilitating training on human rights advocacy in Middle East and North Africa region.
- Strong understanding of human and minority rights including freedom of religion and belief.
- Strong knowledge of the political and human rights context in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Excellent knowledge of advocacy methods and tools
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Experience in working with trainees with different learning capabilities as well as appreciation for adult learning challenges.
- Demonstrate experience in problem solving.
For enquiries, kindly contact us at: mrgmena [at] minorityrights [dot] org
How to apply
Please fill in the form below:
Minority Rights Group International (MRG) is an international non-govermental organisation working to defend the rights of ethnic, religious and linguistic minorities around the world and to promote cooperation among societies.
This activity is part of the project ‘Protecting the Rights of Religious Minorities,’ a three-year programme (July 2019- December 2022) funded by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation. This project supports minority activists and organizations that are working towards strengthening the rights of minorities of faith and belief, in regions where the need to act on these issues is the greatest: Middle East and North Africa, and South and South East Asia.