Terms and conditions
Your use of this website constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
This website is intended to provide information about MRG’s activities and issues relevant to its objectives.
You must not use our website fraudulently or for any unlawful purpose.
We make every effort to ensure that the information on our website is up to date and correct, but we cannot guarantee that it is 100% free of inaccuracies, errors or omissions. We cannot take responsibility for any inaccuracies, omissions or errors attributable to the author of such materials.
We do not accept liability (as far as permitted by law) for any loss arising from any use of or reliance on information or links included in this website.
Users of this website must not knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses or other harmful programmes which could harm computer software or hardware.
Minority Rights Group is not responsible for ensuring the availability of this website or the timeliness or otherwise of any content or information being made available to you.
We reserve the right to amend any part of the website at any time.
Except as specifically set out in these Terms and Conditions, to the fullest extent permissible by law, neither Minority Rights Group International nor any of its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable (whether under contract, tort, statute or any other way) for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses were foreseeable or not):
losses suffered by third parties; loss of data; loss of profit; loss of revenue; loss of business or opportunity; loss of goodwill; or any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the website, the inability to use the website, the results of use of the website, any website linked to it or any material contained in the website. For the avoidance of doubt, the losses listed immediately above are intended to be severable.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit MRG’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website. Access to the website is permitted on a temporary basis. We reserve the right to terminate your access to the website or any part of it or to withdraw any of our services at any time, without notice, for any reason (including without limitation any breach of these Terms and Conditions). Occasionally, we may restrict access to some parts of our website and to our entire website.
A refund may be available at the discretion of Minority Rights Group.
You will be responsible for all losses or damages we suffer (including our reasonable legal fees) that are caused by your breach of these Terms and Conditions or by you using the website other than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions/other than as you are allowed to.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to English law. All claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with the use of the websites shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Trademarks and copyright
Copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights on this website are either owned or licensed to Minority Rights Group International, unless otherwise stated. Compliance with copyright law is your liability.
No copying or distribution for any commercial or business use is permitted without prior written consent from Minority Rights Group International. Contact us on email@example.com
You may reproduce Minority Rights Group International’s copyright material appearing on this website free of charge without specific permission for private personal use only, as long as the copyright and source indications are also copied; the document is not amended in any way, is copied in its entirety and is not reproduced in a derogatory or misleading manner or context.
Our permission to reproduce copyright material does not extend to any material on this website that is the copyright material of any other person.
- You must not use the forum for any commercial purpose, for advertising or for financial gain unless you have obtained prior written consent from Minority Rights Group International.
- You must not send, distribute or upload messages or material which is defamatory, unlawful, harassing, threatening, profane, obscene, abusive, offensive, disruptive, hateful or inflammatory, inaccurate, promotes violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, infringes any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person, is likely to deceive any person, is in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party such as a contractual duty or duty of confidence, or which otherwise includes objectionable material of any kind or nature (including but not limited to, illegal material in the form of text, graphics, video, programs or audio) or that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, gives rise to a civil liability or otherwise violates any applicable local, national or international law or regulation. We reserve the right to delete any material from the forum.
- You must not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious or use an inappropriate member name of any kind.
- You must not post content or participate in any form of discussion with the intention of committing any illegal activity.
- You must also not use the forum in such a way that might reasonably be expected to cause damage to it or make it less efficient or could in any way damage any one else’s computer.
By using the forum, you acknowledge that all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights (‘Rights’) on our website are either owned or licensed to MRG. You will be liable for any infringement of these rights. By submitting content to the forum, including your name, you grant MRG a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, communicate to the public, perform and display the content worldwide in any format known of or developed for the full term that these rights exist.
You also warrant that the holder of any Rights in content submitted by you or any third party, including ‘moral rights’, have been completely and effectively waived for the purposes of granting the licence as described above. By posting content on the website, you are impliedly permitting any member to access, display, and view and reproduce such content for personal use.
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the forum with or without notice to you and without liability to you or any third party.
MRG may, if it wants, immediately, temporarily or permanently restrict, suspend or terminate these Terms and Conditions, your registration or ability to access the forum and/or any other service provided to you by MRG without notice to you, upon any breach or suspected breach by you of these Terms and Conditions. The restriction, suspension or termination of our service as outlined above will be without prejudice to any other rights which MRG may have against you in respect of any breach of these terms. We may issue you with a warning or bring legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
MRG expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by law. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused, or alleged to have been caused, directly or indirectly, by the information or ideas contained, suggested or referenced on the forum.
Links to other websites
We welcome links to our website. If you want to display the content of our website surrounded or framed by material not originating from MRG, you must obtain prior written permission from MRG. Please contact us for such permission.
Any link to one of our websites must comply with the following conditions:
- the link must consist of the following text only: MRG and the URL in respect of which MRG’s consent has been given;
- the link must not create the false impression that your organisation or any of its products or services, is recommended by or associated in any way with MRG.
- the existence of the link, its position, appearance or any other aspect of it must not damage or be likely to damage the name or reputation of MRG.
- selection of the link by a user must display our website as a full screen and not within a frame on the website on which the link appears; and
- you shall take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the use and existence of the link does not cause the transmission to the MRG website of viruses or other deleterious programming routines.
We reserve the right to require the removal of any link to our websites at any time (whether or not previous consent to such link has been given).