Opportunity to serve as an advisory governor at the Commonwealth Foundation
The Commonwealth Foundation for Democracy is looking for five new Civil Society Advisory Governors representing a region of the Commonwealth (Africa, Asia, Caribbean and Americas, Pacific and Europe) to provide guidance, advice and support to Member State Governors and to the Directorate for a period of two years from July 2023 to June 2025.
Application deadline: 14 February 2023
Civil Society Advisory Governors (CSAD) have a unique opportunity to represent civil society in their region at a global level. The contribution of each CSAD will help ensure that decisions taken by the Foundation are informed by the interests and priorities of the People of the Commonwealth.
Expressions of interest from civil society leaders who meet the following criteria will be considered:
- strong background engaging with civil society in their region, focusing on areas that align with the Foundation’s fields of work.
- background and connections enabling the candidate to confidently represent their regional civil society and its interests.
- understanding of the unique intergovernmental position of the Commonwealth Foundation in advancing the needs and interests of civil society.
- appreciation for the importance of working constructively and in a participatory fashion with governments.
- are in a position to contribute time and expertise without remuneration (beyond expenses) to an agreed level of effort (an estimate of around half a day per month plus additional days associated with any required travel).
- be an active member of an established Civil Society Organisation.
Only nationals of a Commonwealth Foundation Member State are eligible to apply.
Application and submission
Expressions of interest should take the form of a CV and a simple letter (no more than two pages). Both the CV and letter should clearly address the selection criteria set out above. The recruitment will be overseen by the Director-General, the Chair of the Board of Governors and the Chair of the Executive Committee.
Shortlisted applicants can expect to be contacted by the end of March 2023. They may be required to provide additional information, including letters of recommendation.
Applications, or queries, should be sent to cf-recruitment
Further details can be found in the Terms of Reference.
Submit your application here.
Find more info here.