Funding opportunity to support Climate Justice Young Leaders
The Youth Climate Justice Fund is seeking applications to support climate justice young leaders with trust-based funding, resources, and youth-to-youth capacity development, enabling them to amplify their voices and to keep their vision and influence alive.
Deadline: 24 September 2023
Grant amount: up to USD 10,000 Implementation period: 12 months
- Group or collective led by young people aged 35 years and below. In order to be eligible for a YCJF grant, the majority of the leadership must be young people or the individuals with decision making power should be aged 35 years and below.
- Based in Africa; the Middle East; Asia-Pacific, South Asia; Latin America and the Caribbean; and Central, and Eastern Europe. Those based in North America or Western Europe must be led by young people who are discriminated against and/or marginalised based on class, ethnicity, background, etc.
- Believe in and exhibit inclusive organizing, collective action and intersectional movement building.
- Non-partisan, non-violent, and legal movements.
Particularly looking for groups who are:
- Cultivating diverse leadership rooted in fair and equitable climate action with community power.
- Raising ambitions and commitments on climate & socio-environmental justice.
- Holding policymakers accountable to their promises and strengthening community power.
Application and submission
Download the application guide available in 5 languages to aid your grant application: English, Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish, French. Hindi and Swahili to be added.
Submit an application.
Find more information here.