Grants aimed at strengthening democratic participation through civic education in Namibia
The European Union (EU) through its Human Rights and Democracy Instrument opened a call for proposals aimed at strengthening democratic participation through civic education in Namibia.
Application deadline: 11 April 2023
Total grant amount: 400,000 EUR
Project duration: 24 – 48 months.
The call has 2 specific objectives:
- Improving civic education and electoral literacy and supporting the awareness and knowledge of
civic rights and responsibilities
- Enhancing skills of young people for active and constructive engagement in their communities and
with decision-makers to improve the exercise of their rights
The lead applicant is a civil society organisation established either in a member State of the EU or in Namibia.
The lead applicant may act individually or with co-applicant(s). If the lead applicant is not a “local organisation” (i.e., legally established on the territory of the Republic of Namibia), it must act with at least one “local organisation” as co-applicant.
- The action must take place in Namibia
- Include multi-stakeholder approaches or innovative partnerships
- Integrate each and all of the crosscutting priorities: youth participation, rights-based approach, gender equality
- Should ideally include strong sustainability elements
Application and submission
Lead applicants, co-applicants and affiliated entities should register in PADOR and the lead applicants must make sure that their PADOR profile is up to date.
Access the call guidelines.
Find more information here.