International Human Rights Training Program
Equitas opened the call for applications for the 41st International Human Rights Training Program (IHRTP) taking place in Canada between 11 June – 30 June 2023. The IHRTP is an internationally recognized intensive three-week training program. It is the only training in the world specifically dedicated to building the capacity and skills of human rights educators. The programme aims to host around 90 participants from about 50 different countries.
International applicants deadline: 7 December 2022
The program is for human rights educators from civil society organizations, regional and national institutions and government agencies.
Organizations and participants are carefully selected in order to maximize the benefits from the IHRTP. Organizations that nominate candidates must:
- Have a demonstrated commitment to the protection and promotion of human rights
- Have an established record for effective action
- Be involved in human rights education activities such as training sessions, workshops, public awareness campaigns, advocacy, monitoring
- Be committed to providing opportunities for their candidate to apply the knowledge and skills gained in the Program within the organization
Application & submission
- Learn about the Program and the full eligibility criteria: Click here.
- Read the 4-step Instruction Guide on how to apply: Click here.
- Create or access your account and fill out your application form online: Click here.
- Upload your signed Memorandum of Agreement, two letters of recommendation and your organization’s brochure to your online application before submitting your application.
The participation fee for the 2023 IHRTP is $ 7 300 CAD.
• Training costs
• Accommodation and meals
• Program materials
• Emergency medical insurance
International air transportation and Canadian visa fees are not included.
** Full and partial bursaries may be available **
Find more information here.