Grants for small projects addressing climate change
The International Climate Initiative (IKI) opens their 4th International Call for Proposals aimed at small sub-national, national, and regional organisations in ODA-eligible countries to propose small, context-tailored, and ambitious project ideas addressing the impacts of climate change and biodiversity loss.
Deadline: 15 March 2023
Available funding: 60,000 – 200,000 EUR
Project duration: min. 12 months – max. 3 years
- Applicant organisations have to be not-for-profit organisations. For-profit non-government organisations are eligible if they pursue strictly non-profit objectives within the scope of their proposed project.
- Applicants must be based and registered in countries that are on the DAC List of ODA Recipients. Please note that proposals from countries that are official or potential candidates for EU membership are not eligible. This does not apply to Ukraine.
- Organisations must be operative for at least three years.
- Over the last three years, the organisation must have an average annual revenue of at least 60,000 and no more than 500,000 euros.
- The applicant organisation must employ a software-based accounting system which meets its respective national standards. (Excel is not considered as sufficient).
- Project proposals must clearly address one of the IKI funding areas:
– Mitigating greenhouse gas emissions
– Adapting to the impacts of climate change
– Conserving natural carbon sinks / REDD+
– Conserving biological diversity
- Projects must be implemented on a local, national, or regional level. Projects with a global focus cannot be funded.
- Projects must be implemented by the applicant organisation itself. Forwarding of funds to other implementing partners or beneficiaries is not permitted.
- The project start should be planned for the first quarter of 2024 onwards.
Application and submission
For funding information. Click here
For the application guidelines. Click here
For the budget template. Click here
You have to be registered with IKI to submit your application. Click to register
Find more information here.