MRG is the leading international human rights organization working to secure rights for ethnic, religious and linguistic minorities and indigenous people around the world.
We work with minority and indigenous communities and campaign for recognition of their rights in the following ways:
- Advocacy and lobbying governments and the United Nations alongside and on behalf of minorities and indigenous peoples
- We publish authoritative publications that are widely valued by academics and the media
- We produce documentary films on a range of issues and countries – from Afro-Colombian miners to religious minorities in Iraq
- Our pioneering legal cases work advances the protection of minorities under international law.
- We deliver projects in many countries around the world, using methods such as training, street theatre and the arts to effect social change
Our work, and the evaluation of our efforts, offers overwhelming evidence that the inclusion of minority communities leads to stronger, more cohesive societies.
We believe it is clear that exclusion can result in instability, conflict, and in the most extreme cases, genocide. We have worked with over 150 partners across 60 countries for more than 40 years to promote peaceful coexistence and sustainable social change.