Research intern-Religious equality and international development
Religious Equality and International Development – Research Intern
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday 5 December at 10.00 AM GMT
Minority Rights Group International is seeking an intern to support our work focused on religious equality and international development in Pakistan and Iraq. This role will enable you to gain valuable insight into issues related to minority communities Pakistan and Iraq, and, more broadly, into the work of an international NGO working with some of the world’s most marginalised communities.
As an intern on this programme, you will work primarily with the Iraq and South Asia programme teams based in London. The role will primarily involve supporting research and writing of an in-depth study on religious freedoms, and how it relates to development initiatives and outcomes in Iraq and Pakistan. This will include:
- Undertaking desk research on issues related to the programme through engaging with national and international reports
- Writing a high quality, in-depth report based on the research findings, guided by specific questions shared by the programme teams
- Liaising with partner organisations and researchers based in the programme countries
- A Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in relevant areas of study; Development Studies, International Relations, Political Science, Human Rights, Religious Studies, or a related subject
- A broad understanding of the context in Pakistan and/or Iraq, including the situation of minorities
- An understanding and commitment to learning about human rights and/or development
- Research and writing experience with an NGO, academia, or similar
- Excellent communication skills and, ideally, experience of working with individuals or communities in the region
- Strong organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken English
- A working knowledge of Arabic or Urdu
Please note that this internship would ideally be based out of MRG’s London office. We would like the selected intern to be able to commit to at least 3 days per week for a duration of 3 months with the possibility of extension.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter (both should be attachments) to email@example.com by Wednesday 5 December at 10.00 AM GMT. Please include ‘Research Intern’ in the subject of your email.
If based out of the London office, candidates will need to have permission to work in the UK to take on this role. Please note that due to limited resources, this is an unpaid internship however MRG covers travel and meals expenses up to £16.5 daily in case you work from MRG’s London office.