Russian / Arabic Research Internships 2x – Budapest, Hungary
RESEARCH INTERNSHIPS (2x) – RUSSIAN OR ARABIC – BASED IN BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
Minority Rights Group International (MRG) is an international human rights NGO working to realise the rights of ethnic, linguistic, religious minorities and indigenous peoples around the world. MRG is headquartered in London and has offices in Budapest, Hungary and Kampala, Uganda.
We are looking for two research interns (1x Russian and 1x Arabic speaking) to work with us in our Budapest office in Hungary.
Please note that due to our current budget limitations the positions are unpaid. However, we do support various bursaries or Erasmus placements, if you acquired a bursary or planning to apply for one please contact us to discuss the details.
The length of the internship is flexible and based on mutual agreement, but in most cases we are aiming for a 6-month term. The internship is based in Minority Rights Group’s Europe office in Budapest, Hungary. Our intention is to provide a learning platform with all our internships, so please do outline in your application if you have any interests or areas of development you would like to specifically focus on.
About the position:
- Positions available: 1x Russian language research intern, 1x Arabic language research intern
- Duration: 6 months, terms are flexible and can be agreed upon an offer.
- Location: MRG Europe office in Budapest, Hungary.
- Number of hours: Up to 20 hours per week.
The role includes:
- Non-essential support in project research, and background information research for social media, blogs and other internal/external communications output.
- Supporting relevant projects and project coordinators.
- Skills and knowledge development through MRG’s online courses.
- Broader understanding of minority rights and human rights globally and regionally.
- Issue-specific research experience (including specific research in Russian or Arabic).
- Hands-on experience with internal processes and policies at an international organisation.
Please send a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in your email which role you are applying for (Russian speaker or Arabic speaker).
Applications are processed on a rolling basis.