SIDA EVALUATION INTERN
Minority Rights Group International is seeking an intern to support with its SIDA (Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency) evaluation from mid-April. The internship will run for a minimum duration of 3 months but desirably longer. The intern will be required to commit to at least 1-2 days per week during this internship.
The overall objectives of Minority Rights Group International are to secure the rights of ethnic, religious and linguistic minorities and indigenous peoples and to improve cooperation and understanding between communities.
Under the agreement between the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) and MRG, SIDA contributes towards financing the core activities of MRG in furtherance of the above objectives and according to MRG’s Strategy 2017-2020.
The evaluation will be used to inform ongoing learning within MRG, partners and allies on the best ways to achieve shared objectives, it will also inform the strategic review that MRG will undertake during 2019/20 with a view to setting strategic goals for the period 2021-2025. It will also be used by SIDA (and potentially other donors) to inform their ongoing support for and partnership with MRG. The results of this evaluation will be shared and discussed in detail with SIDA staff, MRG staff and interns, MRG’s partners and allies, members of MRG’s International Council, as well as disseminated more widely via MRG’s evaluations webpage on its website.
The intern will be expected to carry out various tasks and the most common tasks include:
- Gathering and presenting data for an external evaluation doing a wholescale review of MRG’s capacity work.
- Ensuring that all current partners and key stakeholders and allies are entered onto the Civi CRM system (training provided).
- Ensuring that details of current trainees and trainees over past 2 years are entered onto the Civi CRM system.
- Producing lists of contacts for the evaluator.
- Supporting the evaluator selection process e.g. arranging interviews, drafting contracts.
- Acting as an interface between the staff and the selected evaluator/team to respond to requests for information and interviews, on drafts of questionnaires and on the preliminary findings and draft full evaluation report.
- Convening and minuting a steering committee.
- Might also involve other support for the Deputy Director (e.g. research for presentations, other evaluation related tasks).
We endeavour to make this a valuable and fulfilling experience for the selected candidate, and therefore we will aim to work together with the intern to arrange tasks that match their interests and skill set as best as possible.
- A Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in relevant areas studies, International Relations, Political Science, Human Rights, Development Studies, or a related subject.
- Project or research experience with an NGO, or similar.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send attachments of their CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st March 2019. Endeavour to send your email with the subject “SIDA Evaluation Intern”.
Please note that, unfortunately, due to limited resources this is an unpaid internship. However, MRG covers travel and lunch expenses (up to £16.5) daily when you work from MRG’s London office.