Video production consultancy: Freedom From Hate
Video production – Freedom From Hate
Minority Rights Group Europe (MRGE) is looking for a video production consultant or a video production company to produce videos about the Freedom From Hate project.
Background of the project
Freedom From Hate project helped organisations in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia to address online hate speech against Roma communities.
Roma communities in these countries are subject to the highest levels of discrimination and social and economic exclusion in a context of a rising wave of hate speech against Roma. There is an acute need for counter-narrative campaigns and the participation of the Roma community, in particular through social media platforms.
From this programme, our aim is to see an increase in positive and accurate narratives about Roma communities online and to enhance the understanding of effective ways of dealing with online hate speech.
We believe that counter narratives are a powerful tool to challenge stereotypes and prejudices and therefore tackle hate speech. At the time of rising online hate, there is an urgent need for the Roma community to take ownership and fight online hate speech.
To produce 5 videos, up to maximum 3 minutes each, outlining the ‘do’s and ‘don’ts’ of countering online hate speech.
In addition, 2 short edits of each video, with up to 30 seconds/1 minute each for social media promotion.
For the full specifications of this consultancy and deliverables, please see the more detailed Creative Brief.
The consultant or the production company will perform the following indicative tasks:
- Develop the video concepts and scenarios to be discussed and agreed with the MRGE team;
- Present a work plan for the assigned work specifying the timeframe for each video and budget;
- Travel to target countries to collect and create media material, and perform short interviews with the projects’ partners and beneficiaries where necessary;
- Produce and edit on the video products for this consultancy.
Deliverables / Expected outputs
The consultant / production company will produce 5 videos and 10 short edits for social media.
- Five videos up to maximum 3 minutes each.
- Script development
- Narration, translation and subtitles in local languages (with the help of local organisations);
- Video shooting and editing;
- Full usage rights for music (or music for which copyright has been granted);
- 10 short edits (two for each video) up to 30 seconds/1 minute for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Experience and expertise required
The consultant(s) should have:
- Demonstrable portfolio of:
- Exceptional photography, videography and editing skills;
- Producing quality videos for social media;
- Proven ability to work in multicultural environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines;
- Availability to start immediately, upon signature of contract;
- Knowledge of regional languages will be an advantage;
- Experience working in Central and Eastern Europe is desirable.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
In consideration of the fees paid, the Consultant expressly assigns to MRGE any copyright arising from the works the consultant produces while executing this contract. The consultant may not use, reproduce or otherwise disseminate or authorise others to use, reproduce or disseminate such works without prior consent from the MRGE.
Submission, timetable and budget
Deadline for applications: 8 December 2019.
MRGE will submit comments within seven working days.
The budget, including all costs related to the work, is EUR 7,000 gross (VAT included).
The budget is paid in 3 instalments. The first instalment, corresponding to the 30% of the total amount would be paid when signing the contract. The second instalment, 40% of the total amount, is paid upon beginning of production. The third and last instalment shall be paid after the delivery and acceptance of the work. Payments will be made within ten days of submission and acceptance of each deliverable.
How to apply
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 December 2019.
Each application should include the following:
- Cover letter explaining clearly how the candidate’s previous experience matches the consultancy objectives and outlining why are they interested in producing the videos (up to two A4 pages);
- Project proposal outlining how they intend to carry out the assignment (draft video concepts and work plan);
- Detailed budgeting of the project;
- CV of consultant(s) or filmmaker(s) with professional references;
- Samples of recent similar work: online portfolios or links to previous video work.
Details and more information can be found in the Creative brief document.