Media Briefing: What is going on at the Belarusian border?
International journalists, photojournalists and editors are invited to join a one-hour briefing on the current situation at the Polish and Lithuanian border with Belarus.
There will be an update about the facts, numbers and groups that have been crossing the border and the legal steps that have been taken, followed by a presentation of the current political demands and actual needs of the Polish civil society in the context of the ongoing crisis.
- Update from Grupa Granica about the situation at the Polish-Belarusian border;
- Update from Sienos Grupe about the situation on the Lithuanian-Belarusian border;
- Testimony of a refugee who crossed the border;
- Medical perspective by Paulina Bownik, a doctor from Bialystok, the main medical support on the border, who received – among others – the Marek Edelman Award for saving lives;
- Legal perspective with international context by Marta Gorczynska, a human rights lawyer from the Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights, researcher on migration and PhD candidate in legal studies at the University of Warsaw, specializing in the field of international and European law on asylum and migration;
- Insights on the subject of missing people by Magdalena Luczak, coordinating Grupa Granica’s activities in this field.
Participants will have the possibility to ask questions.
To attend the Media Briefing on Zoom, please register online.