UPR of Hungary – Joint contribution from MRG and Idetartozunk Egyesület on Roma rights
Minority Rights Group (MRG) and its local partner Idetartozunk Egyesület are calling on states to address the situation of Roma in Hungary during the 3rd Universal Periodic Review of Hungary, scheduled for November 2021.
In a two-page factsheet, MRG and Idetartozunk Egyesület highlight key findings and recommendations around 6 issues that have been identified as being of particular concern for the Roma community currently in Hungary:
- The recent dismantlement of the independent Equality Body
- The failure to ensure adequate standards of living in Roma settlements
- The increasing practice of school segregation
- The discriminatory exclusion of Roma from work support programmes
- The negative impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Roma communities
- The discriminatory fining of Roma persons in the context of anti-COVID-19 restrictions
Click here to read the factsheet.
Click here to read our March 2021 report on discrimination against Roma in Hungary.